Monday, May 3, 2010

DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON KILROYS

HIGHLAND, IN

Kilroys 12 Kusiak 23

Kilroys sophmore contest against Kusiak Construction Monday night was a fielding nightmare as the sun served as foe during the early game.

Kilroys had the early bird on Monday taking the field for another home stand. Kilroys took notice of the wind and the sun very quickly as mother nature affected both pitching and fielding.
Pitcher Matt Piccirilli had to make some impromptu adjustments on the mound and after the first inning of play the left side of the field were scrambling for sunglassses.

The Lansing Pub team seemed to be in control after the adjustments with a 7-4 lead until a rocket shot with the bases loaded tied the game up. Momentum shifted to the visitors after the home run and Kusiak scored 16 runs in the last 3 innings. Kilroys just didn't have the hitting that night as they only matched 5 runs.

Although Kilroys made some great plays in the infield the bats were just not there that evening as the sun set on beautiful Highland, IN. Kilroys were able to turn 1-5-3 double play with the help of second baseman Ray Gomez and first baseman Aaron Gibson.

"Hell of a play, Pitch had a Maddux like glove tonight", stated Gibson referring to Pitcher Matt Piccirilli. "We need to hit better." he added.

Kilroys witnessed the end of some hot streaks as Scott Cowan went 1-4 and Phil Metzger recorded his 1st out of the season. Matt Piccirilli recorded another strikeout, that gives him 4 for the year, but saw his ERA climb.

Kilroys next game is a double header featuring Bigalows at 7:30 and FEI at 8:30.

In other news, 2B/Pitcher Bob Kocher was suspended one game for substance abuse. Kocher tested positive for estrogen, a female steroid sex hormone and league officials found tampons in his locker. He served his suspension on May 3rd and will return to the team on Friday May 7th for the double header.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't have an MVP performance at the plate but I did have a good game at 3rd. Time to hit the park and batting cages for some BP let me know if anyone is in.
    Hot Corner fielder Scooter McGrady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there should be a * by that out. I had received an injury the play before and could not make the big hit. please have the league review the tapes of the game. I am glad bob will be back in the line up friday and finnally off the drugs, but have to say I might have been awhere of his drug problem--- every time I would talk to him, he was always at the store buying tampons " for crystal". I could never understand it until now. lets change are luck around this friday and win 2. batting cages on rt.41 across from north woods---- 6 tokens for $5. and you do not need to wear helmets (well some of you might).

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cages on rte. 41 by northwoods are good u dont have to wear a helmut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. be at the game fri 45 min. early for some pregame stretchin and a base running clinic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont't like this weeks poll question. It could hurt alot of feelings. What happened to Stella? i was gonna vote for her, but I had to choose Bob Kocher simply because the drug addiction is turning into a real cancer for the team!
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Kyle....It might hurt my feelings!!!

    Is it because of my ERA? Who the hell else voted for me....you should all be voting for yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a reminder, we have won every game I have played. Believe it or not, winning takes a lot more then good stats. Maybe it was my sweet scent that motovates you guys. After the suspension, i realized how important I was. I will also leave the tampons at home, maybe erin (aaron) will stop asking to smell them. But since i still have no cup, i will be placing the maxi-pad a little hire, GO KILROYS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I check the rain hot line all softball games have been cancelled!!!!

    ReplyDelete